I know you have many questions. First, yes, she is that beautiful. Second, no, she's not loud or messy. Why a bird, you say? My landlord (brother) didn't want me to get a dog, but he said I could have a hamster or bird. I've had my share of hamsters but never my very own bird. Sure, we had birds growing up, but they were family birds. Zooey is all mine.
I went to the Pet Supermarket (yes, it's really called that) to look at birds and cages. I had decided on a parakeet, and we had a cage at home. Well Josh and I forgot to bring the cage back to Savannah with us so I just went in for a look. There was a bin with about 15-20 budgies (another word for parakeet) in there and I was looking at all of them. Then I saw her. She looked at me and said, "You're taking me home with you." So I did. I bought a new cage and food and a toys and brought her home. This is day four. she has gone from terrified to getting more used to the cage and chirping a little bit. Also the change in food has caused a few intestinal episodes but things are evening out I think.
Why Zooey, you ask? I could sight several Zooey's for reference. There is Zooey from the J.D. Salinger book Franny and Zooey which was a book I enjoyed. There is the actress Zooey Deschanel (you probably know her from Elf) whose voice I love. There is the character from the t.v. show Firefly, though I think she spells it Zoe. There is also a Sesame Street character named Zoe and I love all things muppet but that particular character is more recent than the days I regularly watched the show.
The real reason I named her Zooey is because that's her name. Duh. Peace.
2 comments:
James
I've gleaned from your blog (which is great by the way) that you are somewhere in Savannah living with Josh and possibly starting a business involving coffee. And you purchased a bird named Zooey. For whatever reason, seeing the bird reminded me of the birds your family kept on the porch of your house and this in turn reminded me of all the great times I spent there with the Spano family which in turn reminded me that I haven't seen a Spano in what seems like forever which in turn reminded me that I have since been neglectful of fulfilling a New Year's resolution of re-connecting with old friends. As you may know, I live in Macon which is an extremely boring 3 hour drive from Savannah, but one that I have made many times as one of the clients my firm works for is the City of Brunswick. At any rate I need to get down there and see you guys soon and catch up. Shoot me an email when you get a chance at jonathan.davis@stantec.com
And tell Josh I said hello. And Zooey.
Hello,
When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here jamesspano.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research indicates that about 60% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.
About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.
Post a Comment