Sunday, July 13, 2008

Music

So it turns out Zooey has quite the musical taste. Sometimes she'll just sit there and enjoy the music like everybody else, but there's some music that she just loves. She'll start chirping and moving around the whole song. Yesterday we listened to a bunch of different music and I found out she's pretty picky. She's not into specific artists or genres. One song by a band will get her grooving but another does nothing. I haven't figured it out yet. So far here's a list of Zooey's favorite songs:

- Hound Dog by Elvis Presley (her favorite)

- Skater Boy and Complicated by Avril Lavinge

- Bump Bump Bump by B2K featuring P. Diddy

- Only Want to be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish

- Bad Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce

- Put Me in Coach by John Fogerty

- Heaven by Los Lonely Boys

- Supercalifragillisticexpialidocious by Marry Poppins

- Sweet Home Alabama live extended version (of course) by Lynyrd Skynyrd

- Enter Sandman by Metallica

Pretty impressive I know. Quite eclectic. Just more confirmation she's the right bird for me. Peace.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I know you like a variety of tunes, but Mary Popins really surprised me. You just admitted to having all those songs on play list

Spano said...

It's from a Disney classics CD. I'm not ashamed of any of that music.

michelle said...

no shame. stand strong.

my favorite is put me in coach .... have you taught her to whistle any of these yet? :)

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to get the cd last year for 90 cents at a little store way in the back of a warehouse? :)

Just kidding...by the way the word Zoe means beautiful in hebrew or something like that...so it sound like you picked just the right name!!