I'm usually self absorbed enough that everything on this blog is about me or something I've thought of. I rarely share other web sites or sources to consider. But today I'm making an exception. While traveling home this weekend to attend the dedication of my god-daughter to the Church, I listened to some lectures on my ipod by a man named Peter Kreeft.
Peter Kreeft is a professor of philosophy at Boston college. I've listened to his lectures before and I enjoy his wittiness, insight, and boldness in his sharing. While I don't necessarily agree 100 percent of the time with his ideas, they always make me think. But the lecture I heard coming home was one of the best that I have heard in a very long time. It's titled "How to Win the Culture War." In it he talks about the immorality of our society and where it is heading without change in the Church. He labels what we need to know about the war, who we are at war against, and what we need to do to win it. I won't go into detail because he does a far better job of explaining himself than I do. Instead I encourage you to go to www.peterkreeft.com and listen to it. You might also enjoy other lectures of his. He is a big fan of C.S. Lewis, Thomas Aquinas, and J.R. Tolkien and give much insight into their works. Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment