Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dreams

I haven't written anything in a bit and didn't know what to write, so I thought I'd share a dream with you. Don't get too excited, it's just a dream I had the other night and is really just something to waste time talking about.

So I"m at school (college) and I'm there talking to some classmates and I notice a lot of them are dressed up. Then they tell me it's choir picture day, didn't I get the email? No I didn't, I replied, my student email doesn't work anymore because I graduated, duh (though it seemed perfectly reasonable to be at school doing school things). So some people are already taking their pictures and I decide I"ll try to run home and see if I can make it back in time. So I'm running down the road, in my socks. Apparently I ditched my shoes at the school, who knows why. Then my crazy red headed friend Will picks me up and takes me home. I find everything for my tuxedo but my pants. No problem, I say, it's just a picture from chest up (when it moved from class picture to individual photos I don't know). So I head back to school. But instead of wearing shorts or something else in place of my pants, I just don't wear any pants at all.

I'll make a side note here that I've had more than one dream where I think for some reason it's perfectly acceptable for me to go in public without pants, then when I get in public and I realize what seemed like a great idea at home turned out to be not so great. But instead of going and putting pants on, I hide behind things like counters and bushes so nobody sees me in my underwear. I don't quite know the implications of that, but I'm sure Freud would have a field day.

So Will is taking me back to school but then it's not Will it's my classmate Tyler and he's showing me some calendar or something. Then we get there and I ask where Dr. Smith (choral conductor) is and somebody tells me he's gone, but he was looking for me to take my picture. The end.

Also, throughout the dream I realize I'm skipping class to get all this done and there was some other class I had missed a lot of.

Another side note is that I've had more than one dream where it's the end of the semester and I realize that I was signed up for a class and went the first day but promptly forgot about it for the rest of the semester and I don't know what to do. This is strange because in my five years of college I can count on one hand all of my unexcused absences there were so few. And in my dreams it's usually a math class I've missed which is strange because I only had to take one math class in college.

That is all. Peace.

1 comment:

michelle said...

ummm ... fantastic.

sometimes i think dream stories are better than real stories. :) i know they usually don't make any sense, but i love what our minds can come up with on their own.

peace.