Monday, March 06, 2006
Well the vampire post went over well (cricket). Here's an update to where I am right now. Just started at Opelika High school. I'm exctited because Mitch is there and it should be fun. Mrs. Rhyne is great too. Talk about a piano player. I've only been three days, so it's hard to get a feel of how things will be, but I think this will be a good placement. The world trip is all but a no go. Even more, I'm going ahead and saying it's a no go. It would have to take John getting rejected by several grad schools and breaking up with his girlfriend, and I don't want either to happen. I haven't met her yet, but she seems like a great girl. She knit me a scarf, which gave her immediate bonus points in my book. I'm looking to go over there (Jackson) and visit big bro for spring break. So at this point I'm deciding on what to do with my life. I know I've felt called to go into missions (that means tell people about Jesus and how he's the bomb and stuff like that), but I don't know where or how I should go about doing that. I've considered getting a masters, ranging from music theory (not so much that anymore), music therapy (that would be certification and not a masters), and getting one at a seminary (which is daunting). There are several mission agencies that offer training and short term (like 1-3 year) experiences. I saw a brochure for the peace corps the other day and that actually looked pretty fun too. It would be great if I could use music in all of this, since I felt led to music too. We'll see. It's about time for me to stop thinking about it and start making some decisions though. I am planning on doing an around the U.S. trip in the Fall, visiting as many people as I know and just chillin'. It would be cool if I could find people around here who wanted to go, but couldn't go the whole time, and pick them up at an airport somewhere, drive for a week or so, then drop them off at another airport. I think that would be cool. Well that's enough for now. Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
James... Silence doesn't mean disinterest! You should know that from the lack of comments you post on my lj... Or maybe you just don't care.... Ah well.
Vampires- most amazing things ever. I, personally, am obsessed with any book having to do with them and almost any movie. While I understand your horror at the move away from the 'classic' vampire, I must point out that anything and everything must evolve. Too many books about 'classic' vampires equals many books with the similar plots and the same characters. This equals boring. So, I personally welcome the evolution of the vampire (much like the evolution of man ;) ) and with that the vampire novel. :)
Trip around the world- SAD DAYS. I'm so sorry that this is not going to happen because I know how much you were looking forward to it. No girl is worth not going around the world with you! Silly boy... I'll go with you!! ;)
Life plans- daunting can sometimes be good. right now I'm looking at some very daunting decisions myself. One option may include returning to mued and eventually law school. (speaking of daunting) I feel ya on the uncertainty. And though I'm sure you'll do well in anything you decide to do, I hope you choose something that will make you happy as well. And therein lies the problem, you say? I know. I feel your pain.
Longest comment ever- left by me to you. Just because I love you!!
(If you don't know who this is then I revoke my love and will crawl in a hole and die.)
Post a Comment