So my new nightly habit of late is to stay up till a reasonable hour to go to sleep, then get in my bed and watch T.V. on my ipod till I get bored and realize I'm not tired at all and then come downstairs and sit on the computer. It's not like I have a busy schedule, so if I go to bed at three and wake up at twelve that's still nine hours of sleep. Not too much and not too little.
I just sat here for ten minutes trying to relay something insightful and wise after I wrote that last paragraph. Comin' up with nothing. I think I'm a very intelligent person and have great wit and also have been blessed with occasional wisdom, but I don't have control over any of it. I just comes when it wants to. It's like a wild stallion, you try to fence it in and it'll jump the fence. In practical terms that looks like me making a fool of myself. So I guess that means I should just relax and let come what comes and not worry so much about making happen, just let it happen. This seems to be a theme in a few of my past blogs . . . hmmm . . . moment of insight? Yes! Ladies and gentlemen you have just witnessed what I was talking about first hand. I come up with nothing great to say, then I start talking about how I can't force it and shouldn't and all of a sudden when I'm not paying attention, wham! Insight.
The insight (if you didn't follow that line of James Joycean thought so well (I like that I just referenced James Joyce, and that I'm putting parentheses inside parentheses)) is that instead of being a doer I should do a be-er (I wasn't going to put a hyphen there but then it would have spelled beer, like the alcoholic beverage). That is, I should just let my natural amazingness just come out naturally instead of forcefully. After all, all the good stuff comes from God, He just shoots it through me. If I try to meddle with it, it's not as cool. All that and I'm a stallion . . .or is God the stallion? Kind of like Aslan, in a way that probably only makes sense to me. And that ladies and gentlemen, is stream of consciousness. Peace.
Oh, and if it doesn't really seem like a theme in my past few blogs, it does in my head. Peace again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment