Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So besides the fact that I feel like an old man, this year is going well so far. I know, we're only three days in, but you gotta start somewhere right? My knee has been killing me this week ( this is the old man part). I feel it coming on at night and then it hits all night and most of the morning (well, I sleep till noon, so after that even). It kinda swells up and hurts like crazy when I try to bend it. When I lie down it just kinda throbs ouch ouch, ouch ouch, like that. It might have to do with the fact that I'm house sitting and am in a different bed and maybe I'm sleeping on it or something. It's been going on and off like this for years, I should get it checked out. My brother bought a new jeep, and the trade in value was so bad for his old one, he offered to sell it to me. Practically speaking, this is a great development on the vehicle front. Sentimentally speaking, I love my suburban. So I weighed the pros of each vehicle and came to these conclusions: For the Jeep, it has about 100,000 fewer mile on it, better gas mileage, cd player and radio, easier maneuverability, it starts every time, and some people like it's looks better than the suburban. . . some people. For the Suburban, it has more authority on the road, character, electric windows and locks (a surprising advantage over the Jeep), enormous amounts of space to carry things like couches, beds, goats, etc. , and it's pretty much invincible. So what I decided to to was to make the Jeep my primary driving vehicle (once I get new plates), and use the suburban for anything else I might need. I mean, it's not like I could sell it for much, and any small offer I got would offend me so much I'd probably injure the buyer. Plus it's only 18,000 miles away from the big 300,000. What kind of jerk would I be to let somebody else break that milestone (assuming the buyer wouldn't just use it for parts)? We bought that baby brand new in '86 and I plan to drive it into the ground. Well enough car rant for one day. School starts next week, so that will be new. Peace out.

No comments: