This being the first blog of the new year, I feel a necessity to regale my myriad of readers with a fanciful tale worthy of the beginning of an annual cycle. But I ain't got nuthin'. I'd like to tell you about my business, but it gets detailed and I get riled up when I get into it, so I'll say I'm not open yet but soon I hope.
Due to the alarmingly low level of willingness to start the book club (other than my brother, who will only do if it it's on the book he's currently reading and halfway through) I'm postponing a group reading and will just tell you about what I'm reading. Currently I'm reading Prelude in G Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff. It starts out "G (octaves,) d d d, bflat (octaves) d (octaves,) d, Bb (octaves), d, g (octaves).
BbBbBb Bb Bb
g g g g g
d d d d d
You can imagine where the story develops from there.
I've decided that all children should learn Latin and solfege as a part of their schooling. They should be of no lesser status than math and science.
I'm considering winning the Pulitzer Prize, but first I have to write something for it.
I got a haircut.
I miss new places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I took Latin for 2 years. All I remember is "Sub ubi semper ubi." Get it?? Yeah, funny. I lie, I remember more.
Sorry I didn't sign up to do your book club. I read about it, but ignored it because I can't read.
I miss new places, too. Sarasota is new... are you going to the Han/Daw-son wedding? I am.
AHA! Another lurker comes out of the shadows. I get it, but I had to look it up. I thought ubi meant there and was confused for a bit. Sadly, I'll be missing the wedding. Both literally and figuratively.
Post a Comment