Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spano's Music Series

Due to the popularity of the last post, I've decided to continue providing music selections. Some will be original, others pieces I enjoy that have been written by others but I want to share with you.
As many of you know I am a classically trained musician. I have a degree in music education having graduated with highest honors. So I feel I would be remiss if I did not provide you with a sampling of that background. So todays performance will be an interpretation of Pachelbel's Canon in D.
Johann Pachelbel was one of the most important composers of the Baroque era. His Canon in D is one of the most recognized pieces of classical music. This puts a lot of pressure on those who perform it now. Making a well known piece of music sound fresh is a challenge even to the best of performers. I made this arrangement with my friend Chris Youell (who just so happened to have gotten married today, congratulations). Chris is a very skilled guitar player and I wish he was here to play it with me, so my apologies on my not as good playing. Hope you enjoy. Peace.

4 comments:

Michael said...

few words.....few words can describe that performance my friend

michelle said...

hmmm ... should have seen that one coming ...

i would have loved to have seen the duet. :)

Rory, Katie and Norah said...

Wow, that was truly a musical snack. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

un-real. the fal setto in this was truly...how can i put it? ... touching. an inspiring work of art!!

for real though, i think i just woke up my entire household b/c of uncontrollable squealing--thanks to you! gosh i love belly laughs! thanks!